The Schoolhouse Hotel
This luxury 4 star hotel in Dublin 4 is superbly located within 10 minutes walk of the centre of Georgian Dublin, with it's many famous squares and buildings including Merrion Square, Trinity College, the National Museum and St. Stephen's Green, not to mention the City's most fashionable shopping area, Grafton Street.
The Bord Gáis Energy Centre
The Bord Gáis Energy Theatre which is within a 10 min utes walk to the Schoolhouse Hotel presents the best of National and International Theatre, Musicals, Drama, Opera, Ballet, Family Shows & Classical Concerts and has the facility to accommodate world class West End and Broadway productions for the first time in Ireland.
The stadium is a 5 minutes walk form the Schoolhouse Hotel which was a multi disciplined ground in existence at the Lansdowne Road site since 1872. In its old incarnation, prior to closure in December 2006, it was the oldest rugby union ground worldwide & oldest sports stadium in Europe.
The stadium is the home to the Irish national rugby and Republic of Ireland national football team.Aviva Stadium is now Ireland’s only UEFA Category 4/Elite Stadium and has won a number of awards including RIAI & RIBA. Since opening in May 2010 over 1.8 million ticketed visitors have passed through the turnstiles for rugby, soccer & concerts. The redeveloped stadium is designed to provide superb facilities not alone for spectators but also for players, the media and the many support personnel needed to stage all events.
The Convention Centre
The Convention CentreThe Convention Centre, Dublin (The CCD) will welcome visitors from all over the world - high profile VIPs, business leaders, scholars, academics and professionals from all walks of life.
RDS Arena is a sports stadium within 10 minutes walk of the Schoolhouse Hotel it was owned by the Royal Dublin Society and located in the Dublin suburb of Ballsbridge, Ireland. The arena was originally developed to host equestrian events, including the annual Dublin Horse Show, which was first held there in 1868. The Arena has also hosted football, tennis and wrestling events as well as concerts. The arena has a capacity of 18,500, 16,500 of which is seated.
Other local landmarks close to The Schoolhouse Hotel include:
- Aviva Stadium: Located only minutes from the world famous Aviva stadium, home to a host of international rugby events including the Six-Nations.
- The RDS arena and Simmonscourt which hosts the many exhibitions, concerts and of course the famous annual horse show.
- The National Print Museum
- Merrion Square and the home of Oscar Wilde
- Battle of the Mount Street Bridge commemoration statue
- Number 29 Georgian Townhouse
- National Art Gallery
- National History Museum
- Trinity College and the Trinity library home to the ancient manuscript the Book of Kells
- The Grand Canal which flows past The Schoolhouse Hotel
- The DART station, where one can travel to Dublin's scenic coast line from Howth to Bray.
Nearby Companies & Embassies:
Companies which are less than 5 minutes walk from The Schoolhouse Luxury Hotel include:
- Treasury Holdings
- Bank of Ireland
- Allied Irish Bank
- Bruce Shaw
- Irish Dairy Board
- Irish League of Credit Unions
- Watson Wyatt
- Macquarie Finance
- American Embassy
- English Embassy
- Temple Bar - www.temple-bar.ie
- Dublin's cultural quarter.
- Dublin Tourism - www.visitdublin.com
- The official Dublin Tourism website offering information on tours, maps, travel, accommodation, and on-line booking.
- Budget car rental - www.budget.ie
- Aircoach - www.aircoach.ie
- Thrifty - www.thrifty.ie